117 W. Sycamore Street
Kokomo, IN 46901
Community Howard Regional Health System provides Family Planning Services primarily funded by the Indiana Family Health Council (Title X), Department of Health and Human Services.
Family planning funds are also received from a State Health and Human Services Title XX Grant. Other state or local funds support outreach educational efforts on topics of abstinence and sexually healthy lifestyles. March of Dimes supports services geared toward pre-conceptual counseling and early prenatal care as well as delaying initial or subsequent pregnancies. The Office of Women's Health of the Indiana State Department of Health and the Indiana Commission for Women have been generous in reimbursement of providers who do the diagnostic follow up for women with abnormal Pap smears.
What is Family Planning and How Can it Help Me?
Family Planning is making decisions to think about and plan your life events, like having a baby, before they happen. Family Planning helps you make better choices about protecting yourself from Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and illnesses such as breast cancer and testicular cancer.
Important facts about the Clinic:
- Services are available to both men and women over 21 years of age.
- Services are provided on a sliding-fee scale with charges being based on household income and family size - Iittle or no cost to you.
- All client information is kept strictly confidential.
- Female exams - Pap smears
- Birth Control
- Screening and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections and More Contraceptive counseling (all FDA approved methods of contraception including birth control pills, Depo Provera (the shot), diaphragms, emergency contraception, foam and condoms).
- Pregnancy tests
- Screening for Other Health Problems
- Male Exams
- Patient Education
Our Medical Directors have collaborative practice agreements with advanced practice Nurse Practitioners. These Nurse Practitioners provide services Monday through Friday.
If you would like more information or to make an appointment please contact us at 765-854-2448.