Community Howard Regional Health's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a comprehensive education and exercise program for people who have had a heart attack, angioplasty or coronary bypass surgery and for those who have or are at risk for heart problems.
Rehabilitation is part of your doctor's plan for recovery. It begins during hospitalization and continues after dismissal and provides individualized exercise instructions and periodic evaluations, counseling, and encouragement. Perhaps most significantly, it promotes lifestyle changes that will help you reduce the risk factors that cause heart problems.
Through our three-phase Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, you will improve your physical conditioning, work toward adjusting socially, and emotionally to your disease, and increase your capacity to return to work and recreation. The programs potential benefits include:
- less anxiety/stress
- less fatigue
- greater work capacity
- lower heart rate and blood pressure
- lower oxygen requirement by the heart
- better use of oxygen in the body
- fewer health risk factors
- lower percentage of body fat
- improved level of blood fats such as cholesterol and triglycerides
- increased knowledge of ways to improve health status
For more information, please call us at 765-453-8333.
Our department is located downstairs in the northwest corner of the hospital. We are dedicated to making your testing experience a pleasant one.